Thursday, April 4, 2013

Welcome to the Neighborhood

Before I begin let me just say that whenever I go to type "neighbor" out it's a 50/50 shot if I'm going to get it right...for the record I got it right on the first try this time. 

Anywho, anybody who knows me knows I love TV and movies and books...basically I love to be entertained. I've recently been pondering about all the television shows I have seen. Most are ridiculous and have no base in reality, which is why I watch them. I don't want to watch a show about a white girl working two jobs to barely pay rent. Gross. 

On this bleak Thursday, I was going about my day and wondering where, out of all these realities, would be the best to live? The worst to live? The most hazardous? It started simple and then my mind went wild with it. I factored in characters and drama and weather and just everything I could think of. 

Here are my conclusions...

The Most Awful  

Lima, Ohio "Glee" 













No one actually wants to live in Ohio (no offense to those who are currently living there but come on). Plus the kids constantly talk about how there is nothing in Lima and you can become a "Lima Loser." Don't know what that consists of but it sounds awful. You would be stuck living in this musical mess where your life is filled with bad music, boring drama, and inconsistent plot. And guys, you could run into Rachel Berry...ick. Or maybe even worse, you could run into the pathetic, sniveling mess that is Will Schuester. I've lived in the Midwest and let me tell you, it's rather dull. I'll pass on Lima. 

The Most Dangerous

Sunnydale, California "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" 



This is pretty obvious. The town is on the Hellmouth (for those of you who don't know what that means...the town in on top of the opening to Hell). Demons, vampires, rogue Slayers, and Hell gods run free and easy through the town. People die and disappear without warning, NO ONE IS SAFE! Citizens are constantly being possessed, kidnapped, and eaten. Even with all this danger I would live here in a heartbeat. Come on, you might get to hang out with the Scoobies! Who doesn't want to patrol with Buffy? Or research with Giles? Everyone has such witty banter, I'd kill to sling insults with Xander, Willow, and Buffy. The downside to hanging out with the gang...you'll probably die. 

The One Riddled with Conspiracy 

Rosewood, Pennsylvania "Pretty Little Liars" 













One fifteen year old girl was running everyone's lives in this town. Then she was murdered and EVERYONE IS A FREAKING SUSPECT. Now her friends are being tortured and EVERYONE IS A FREAKING SUSPECT. Who is A? WHAT, IT'S MORE THAN ONE PERSON? WHAT, IT COULD BE AN ADULT? WHAT, PEOPLE ARE DYING AND THE POLICE ARE COVERING THINGS UP? No one here tells the truth. This place is a mess. But no one really ever goes to class or has any real responsibility  they just get tortured and harassed. It makes it the most entertaining place to watch...but I'll watch from afar thank you very much. Ps: anything that goes wrong is Emily's fault, just remember that. 

The One Filled with The Most Gorgeous People

Mystic Falls, Virginia "The Vampire Diaries" 


























This place is STACKED with good looking people. And everybody loves vampires. I almost gave this place the title of "Most Dangerous" because people die like every day but above all else this place just looks like a photo shoot for the latest cover of "100 Most Gorgeous" or whatever. So basically if you're an average Joe living here you are either completely insecure because everyone else is perfect or you die. And for those of you wondering, I'm team Klaus all the way, screw those Salvatore brothers.  

The Unrealistically Dangerous Real Life City

Seattle, Washington "Grey's Anatomy" 















No one city has seen as many tragedies as "Grey's" Seattle. There have been ferry accidents, sinkholes, school shootings, hospital shootings, airplane crashes, random people hit by buses, tanker's blowing up, train crashes, and the list goes on and on. There is just no way Seattle is actually this precarious. We've lost some great doctors to the dangers of Seattle *raises wine glass with teary eyes* here's to Mark and Lexie y'all. 

The Most Drama Filled Place Ever

Tree Hill, North Carolina "One Tree Hill" 






















Oh the angst. Everyone is related and sleeping together.That pretty much sums it up.

So where would I ultimately choose to live in these crazy television realities? I'd probably be caught staking vamps at Buffy's side but can I have Nathan Scott as my boyfriend? No? Guess I'll just settle for a few TV marathons before returning to reality tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment