Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Southern Lessons

Here is a list of the things I have learned in the South (so far): 

1. Grits go with everything...don't ask why

2. Everyone down here is still mourning the Civil War...don't make jokes about the Confederates losing 

3. No one is too young or old to be called "sir" and "ma'am" 

4. The hottest part of the day is about 3:15 pm 

5. Do not call it pop...it's soda or Coke (please note Coke entails all flavors of pop, excuse me soda

6. Cookout is God's gift to Earth 

7. When ordering tea just assume they are going to bring you sweet tea...basically don't order tea

8. Good drivers don't exist 

9. When it rains, it monsoons...learn how to kayak 

10. When in doubt, just order deep fried food 

11. Nothing cures stress like a late day stroll on the beach 


1 comment:

  1. Where you live is beautiful and I wish I lived there too. Because I look out my window and see snow flurries...SNOW FLURRIES. Awful. Miss you! :)

    ~Steph

    The Quirky Apple
    Sparkly Quirky Lifebox

    ReplyDelete