Monday, May 6, 2013

Everything Important I've Learned, I've Learned From Disney

Ok, maybe not everything I've learned but, shoot, I've learned a lot. As I've gotten wiser (wiser sounds so much better than older) I have come to see Disney movies in a different light. This is mostly in thanks to disgruntled college professors. These lovely human beings tried to ruin Disney by pointing out the sexism, racism, violence, and negative messages woven into these films. Now, I see these themes so yes professors, you guys were right...BUT I also see some other things...

Guests should be treated with respect and gratitude...and phenomenal food


Material objects do not make a full life. Not even who's-its and what's-its.


Take care of the Earth y'all



Don't let other people dictate your friendships. Hang tight to those who really matter. 



It pays off to be open to new relationships and adventures. 


Everything is connected, like a freaking circle


Some people will surprise you and you'll find things in them you didn't expect


Sometimes you have to travel great distances to find where you belong


There are days where you just don't need to worry


And perhaps the most important thing I learned from Disney...

...is what it takes to be a man


No comments:

Post a Comment