Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sweet Memories

Last week I was texting with an old high school friend. We have been friends since we were 16 and kept a strong friendship right until the end of college. Like many relationships that start in adolescence, ours faded. Lucky for us we have one of those "pick up where we left off" things going. As we talked and laughed and played catch up, old jokes and stories were scattered through our conversation. At one point I mentioned her making me nostalgic and she gave me the most perfect reply "it's good to remember." 

And it is, isn't it? Somewhere along the way, remembering and nostalgia became associated with negative connotations for me. Why? I really have no idea. Perhaps I feel this way because I am so afraid of getting stuck in the past. I don't want to become one of those people who only talk about what has already happened to them. But I realize that I have complete control over these fears. Remembering good times does not mean getting stuck in the past.  So, thanks to Becks, I have spent the last several days letting old scenes wash over me. And it's been good. 














  
  



   


No, I'm not crying...something's in my eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment