Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Some Carrie Underwood Love

This was uber hard. Picking my favorite Carrie Underwood videos was torture...it also resulted in hours of my life down the drain because I watched endless music videos. There is a VERY different list than my favorite C.U. songs because some of her best work never made it to video format. So here are my top 8 vids for the wonderful Carrie. 

1. So Small 


I love that this video shows so many different stories. Too often we just see romantic relationships in music videos. There is family love here too. The slow motion scene is awesome and when everyone returns back to the people they love I lose it. Plus Carrie's hair is fantastic in this video. 

2. Two Black Cadillacs


This is awesome. Love the literary reference to a Stephen King novel. Granted I've never read the book but I had it explained to me. Love the cars, the black outfits, THE KEYCHAIN, her fingernail polish, the sunglasses...just everything. Carrie as the mistress...amazing. Plus she rolls up to that funeral late like a boss. 

3. Blown Away


 The Wizard of Oz...nothing more needs to be said. 

4. All American Girl


Come on, she brings back that chick from Before He Cheats AND her dog is in the video. It's an unbelievably sweet video and song without dabbling into the nasty, awful sweetness that surges through Taylor Swift...ick. 

5. Before He Cheats


The reason this video is low in the ranking is because this video could have been GLORIOUS. To this day this song rocks and yet this video fell a little flat. SHOW THAT GIRL WRECKING THIS PRICK'S CAR. 

6. Cowboy Casanova


CARRIE WHERE ARE YOUR PANTS? 

7. Temporary Home 


This is just sad in all the right ways...ask my mom. 

8. Don't Forget to Remember Me


This video (and song) was probably when I fell in love with Carrie. And now more than ever this song has the ability to ruin my day, in a good way of course. And it's the first appearance of her mom. I have to go cry now...


No comments:

Post a Comment