Sunday, July 28, 2013

Here We Go Again

Almost a year has passed since my move from Illinois to South Carolina. I made the move, basically, on a whim. I had just come to the crushing realization that I couldn't afford to move to/live in Boston and I was devastated. Boston was my first big dream, my first attempt at reaching too far for something I wanted. It broke me a little to come so close to it and fall just short. So, one night I was feeling horrible about everything, perhaps even a little lost, and I called my sister. We talked and I maybe cried and she told me to come to South Carolina. She promised to take care of me and put me back together, so I did. 

Now I feel whole again, I've accepted my reality. I have spent a year stitching myself together and coming up with a new dream for myself. I am not resigning my lease, I am not staying in South Carolina. It was always temporary for me. I decided going into this that if I found the right job, the right guy, I'd stay. But those things didn't happen so off I go. 

As lame as it might sound off I head to Knoxville, TN...yes that is where my parents reside. Hey, I miss them and I miss my horse. I'll search for a job and I am preparing myself to head back to school. After hours of job searching I've come to terms with the fact that I need my Masters to really get any job I actually want. So, off to UT I'll head in the next year or so. 

I'm excited to start this new part of my life but there's a part of me that is sad. I've spent a year with my sister as my constant companion. That's a year of laughing until I cry, a year of Netflix, a year of beach days, a year of pups, a year of inside jokes, a year of speaking in our own language, a year of struggling together, a year of healing. I'll miss it. I'll even miss annoying each other. It's impossible to fully describe what this last year has meant for me. Perhaps the only one who really knows what it has been like is my mini me...and Jords of course. 

So, come September I'll pack up my life and my cat and my dog and say goodbye to the palm trees and sand...and my best friend, my little shadow, my sister. We'll always have North Chuck, boo. 


1 comment: